Lowongan Kerja Analyst International Crisis Group Maret 2010. The International Crisis Group (ICG) is an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization whose mission is to prevent and resolve deadly conflicts around the world through field-based analyses and high-level advocacy.
The International Crisis Group was founded in 1995 by World Bank Vice-President Mark Malloch Brown, former US diplomat Morton Abramowitz and Fred Cuny, aninternational disaster relief specialist who disappeared in Chechnya in 1995. Their aim was to create an organisation, wholly independent from any government, to assist governments, intergovernmental bodies and theinternational community at large in preventing deadly conflict.
The successful candidate will research and produce reports related to management and prevention of conflict and violence in Indonesia, focusing particularly on national politics and security sector reform and will develop recommendations for the Indonesian government and international community. He/she may also be required to work on other regional issues. Crisis Group is looking for someone who combines excellent field research skills with sophisticated analysis, academic rigour and a strong policy orientation.
* Preparing three detailed reports and/or briefing papers per year setting out relevant research findings and policy recommendations in concise and clear fashion.
* Providing analysis and advice on the key issues linked to addressing the political, security, organized crime and social issues in Indonesia and the region;
* Conducting extensive field research on prevailing security, political and social conditions within Indonesia and the region;
* Proposing policy initiatives to the relevant governmental, international organization and non-governmental actors to address the underlying issues that feed impunity, violent crime and institutional/state weakness; and
* Expert knowledge of politics and society in Indonesia combined with strong field research experience in the country and ability to analyse national politics and/or thesecurity sector. Knowledge of a regional conflict (eg Papua, Aceh) an advantage.
* Experience in security policy analysis and conflict prevention.
* At least five years professional experience in government, academia, international organisations, NGOs or journalism.
* Excellent writing in English, editing and analytical skills and ability to formulate well-targeted policy recommendations combined with an ability to write to deadlines.
* Fluency in English and Indonesian.
* Higher degree in international relations, political science, journalism, sociology or equivalent through experience.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation skills, a strong capacity for effective teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently; and
* Ability to conduct field research for several weeks at a time in an often demanding environment.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV, cover letter, contact details of at least 3 referees and two writing samples pertaining to conflict in Indonesia. In the cover letter (which should be sent as an e-mail) the candidate should briefly propose his or her own ideas on themes for two future Crisis Group reports relating to conflict in Indonesia, and briefly describe how she/he would research them (in no more than two pages). Please refer to Crisis Group’s website for previous publications: http://www.crisisgroup.org. Please send applications by email to Asia.email@example.com, including “Analyst, Indonesia” in the subject line.
Recruitment will remain open until the appropriate candidate is appointed. After sending us your e-mail you will receive a response confirming receipt of your application. Please note that after that, only candidates selected for further consideration or interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Indonesian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Reference Code: RW_839AGV-83.